It seems like it’s been a while since I posted one of these speaking engagement updates, but as the calendar turns to April, more opportunities come up. As of this update, I have two confirmed speaking engagements and two more where I’ve applied. I think more of these will come up as the year goes along. But in the meantime, here are my upcoming speaking engagements, as of today.
I am confirmed to be speaking at the following events.
- May 6, 2023: SQL Saturday NYC: I pretty much try to attend SQL Saturday in NYC whenever it comes up, regardless of whether I’m speaking there or not. It just so happens that I will be doing two presentations there this year.
- Disaster Documents: The role of documentation in disaster recovery: On September 11, 2001, I was working for a company that had an office in the World Trade Center. Prior to that infamous date, I had written several documents that ended up being crucial to our recovery. In this presentation, I talk about those documents, the roles they played, and lessons learned. In my newly revised presentation, I also provide an overview of what’s changed since 2001 — things like smartphones and cloud technology did not exist back then — and how they can be applied to disaster documentation today.:
- Whacha just say? Talking technology to non technical people: Explaining technology to those who don’t understand it is difficult, and a skill that people take for granted. In this presentation, I demonstrate how difficult it is to give instructions, and steps we can take to get better at this skill.
- May 16, 2023: STC Summit, Atlanta, GA: On Tuesday, May 16, I will be speaking at STC Summit! I am especially excited about this event, as speaking for STC has been on my bucket list for quite some time, and I’ve never been to Atlanta (other than changing planes at the airport, which doesn’t count)! I will be doing my job hunt presentation for this event. This presentation has been one of my best-sellers as of late, and I hope I’m able to help people with their job search.
I’ve applied to speak at these events.
- October 14, 2023: SQL Saturday Boston: I’ve spoken in Boston (okay, it’s actually Burlington, MA, but they call the event Boston) a number of times. I always enjoy speaking here, and I hope I get selected to speak again!
- November 14-17, 2023: PASS Data Community Summit: Yep, I’ve applied to speak again! Let’s see if I get chosen for a fifth straight year!
I enjoy giving these presentations, and I hope people are able to get something out of them. I’m always satisfied knowing that I was able to help somebody out, and I hope that I’m able to continue doing so.
See you on the road somewhere!