This is part of a series of articles in which I’m trying to teach myself about BI. Any related articles I write are preceded with “#BI101” in the title.
As a speaker on the SQL Saturday circuit, I’ve had the honor and privilege of having met, connected with, and even befriended a number of experts in SQL, data, and BI. If you can get to get to a SQL Saturday, you can also have that opportunity.
In a couple of weeks (July 28), we will be hosting SQL Saturday here in Albany, NY. I was going through the schedule, and noticed a number of speakers on the docket who will be talking about various BI topics. I’ve attended a lot of their sessions, and I recommend these speakers highly!
(Note: for purposes of this article, I am limiting this list to BI topics, although these speakers may be giving other presentations as well.)
- Steve Simon is giving talks on DAX and the tabular model and data mining with SQL Server 2016.
- Derik Hammer discusses the Azure SQL data warehouse.
- Paresh Motiwala talks about BI infrastructure in Azure.
- Bryan Cafferky presents about predictive modeling with R.
- James Serra gives a talk on big data architectures and the data lake.
- Sunil Kadimdiwan discusses SSRS 2017 with Power BI and other new enhancements.
SQL Saturday is a great free learning resource, a great opportunity to network, and is always a good time! If you’re looking to learn about BI or other data-related or professional topics, go check out a SQL Saturday event near you!